Monday, May 2, 2011

Recent reads

Other than beauty and fashion one of my other pleasures is reading and with my current job I have lots of time on my hands between classes so I use the time to read. Here are a few of my recent reads that I would recommend to others.


I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore :
I picked this book up just after the earthquake with a book gift card I received as a present from my old boss. I honestly had no idea what the story was about, but I skimmed the back and it looked pretty interesting. Its basically about a group of nine aliens who escaped to earth after their planet was destroyed after another alien race attacked their planet and ruined it. This other alien race is also on earth and hunting the nine survivors.
This book was recently made into a Hollywood movie, ala Twilight and just like Twilight the movie it missed the mark BIG time. If you like sci-fi I suggest reading the book on this one and giving the movie a pass completely. I know I will probably not be watching the other movies for this series if they make them.



My Booky Wook: A Memoir of Sex, Drugs, and Stand-Up & Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal by Russell Brand :
As you probably could have already guessed, these are Russell Brand's autobiographies about his life from when he was young until just after he met and proposed to his wife Katy Perry. While I love Katy, I actually liked Russell before the two were together. Though I am not British I love his sense of humor, the accent is pretty hot too! I didn't really know much about his life before MTV so it was interesting to read about everything he has experienced and overcome in his lifetime. The man definitely has life experience.

When you aren't writing about beauty/fashion what are some things you like to do? Is reading one of your passions too, if so what books would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment