Saturday, June 25, 2011

Duty Free shopping and a last minute splurge


I had always had a minor interest in Shu Uemura products, but since I already had everything I "need" in my make-up stash and we were saving money I never really looked into the brand while I was living in Japan. I have to say I sorely regret it, I do love my MAC products but there are some really lovely Shu Uemura ones as well.

What prompted me to stop by the nearby Shu Uemura shop in Shibuya was a chat I had over lunch with Nic Nic about concealers. I was using MAC studio sculpt at the time and was looking for something new as I was never really "wow'd" by it. She suggested I look into the Shu Uemura ones. I dropped by the Shu Uemura counter in Tokyu department store in Shibuya that same week. I knew I could probably purchase what I wanted in duty free, but since it was concealer I really wanted to check out the products and make sure I could get a color that matched my skin. I asked the girl there which was the easiest one to use (I am somewhat lazy at times) and provided the most coverage for under-eye circles and redness around my nose. She introduced me to this doubled-sided concealer crayon. I tried it that day and was so happy with the coverage and results there that I couldn't not buy it. It was a bit more than what it is listed on the Shu Uemura USA website, but it was worth it to me. In addition this particular concealer was not in the duty free at Narita so I was glad I bought it when I did. This was my last minute I am leaving Japan splurge cosmetic item.




Speaking of duty free I did find the Shu Uemura items there and picked up the following palette. I liked the natural and pink shades and felt it matched my skin better than the other palette they had in duty free. I tried looking up this palette online, but I believe it is sold exclusively for duty free and wasn't able to find a link for it.

So without further ado, here is my face of the day using my new Shu Uemura products.

face:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in #21
Shu Uemura cover crayon in 9YRL/5YRM
Shu Uemura blush from the travel palette
Shu Uemura palette blush
MAC Otherworldly blush



eyes:
Can Make eye shadow base
MAC Naked Lunch
Shu Uemura shadows from the travel palette (tan for highlight/pink for lid/taupe for the crease)
MAC Lord it Up liner
Fairy Drops Mascara film type (from Japan)

brows: Revlon brow pencil in dark brown

lips: Smiths Rosebud Salve



In other words, tomorrow is the big day for me....IMATS and then Monday my husband finally arrives in LA!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment