Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fashion: Anthropologie Blog event

One of my favorite fashion blogs that I read is a blog called In Pursuit of Pretty Things. Its written by Carol and Kathryn who are southern California locals. I first started reading their blog a year ago while in Japan and it introduced me to all of the beautiful things that the store Anthropologie has to offer. This being said it wasn't till just after I moved back here that I was able to enter an actual store and taken in the shopping experience as a whole.
Two weeks ago I was able to attend a blog event that they held at the Anthropologie store in Fashion Valley (San Diego), despite not having been able to chat with them for very long I really had a wonderful time. I met a really nice sales associate there named Carly and found a few items on sale that I took home in addition to the dress I am now coveting and hoping goes on sale before my cousins wedding in July. I was also able to share this experience with my mother and inspire her to check out stores like Anthropologie more often, I think she even tried on more items than I did at the event!
Unfortunately I don't have my camera with me in the US yet (Mr.S has it in Japan still), so I didn't take any pictures from the event. But I can show you the items I did pick up and the dress that I hope to snatch up once it goes on sale (or maybe even if it doesn't).

(all images via the anthropologie website)

The Isabel Dress


Brickwork Tee


Horkelia Shift dress



This last dress I really want to buy to wear to my cousin's wedding in late July. I think with the right accessories and shoes it is good for a wedding, but you can also dress it down and I can get lots of use out of it.

What fashion has your eye been on for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment