Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fashion: Fashion's Night Out Tokyo

Two days ago many of the beauty and fashion bloggers I follow on twitter started raving about the Fashion's NIght Out event in NYC. Reading all of their tweets made me do a little googling and I discovered what exactly the event was and became so envious, not because I wanted to buy tons of brand name items but because it just looked like a fun chance to experience a night of beauty and fashion in NYC. The morning news program I watch in Japan even did a little spot on the event in NYC. I then started to notice that they said it was a worldwide event and that the event was actually taking place on 9/11 here in Tokyo. I had become really curious about going and even posted to my facebook about it on the morning of the event. My friend Jo (Hi Jo!) replied with intrest and joined me in checking out what it was all about.
The event here in Tokyo took place mainly in the Omotesando, Harajuku and Aoyama areas of Tokyo, and the base for the presentations and ceremonies was at the Omotesando Hills Building.

Here are some pictures from the event here in Tokyo!
(warning its a bit picture heavy)



The Omotesando Hills Building






Outside La Floret in Harajuku, they had this interesting guy on stilts, a fire breather and various other acts as part of their electro circus.


The freeze models in the windows at F21 Harajuku




Jo and I with our free F21 balloons!


The closing ceremony in the Omotesando Hills Building, Anna Tsuchiya was the host/MC



The only thing I purchased that night was a T-shirt where the proceeds were going to charity. Overall I had a fun time with my friends checking out stores and brands and enjoying music and drink. Am definitely up for it again next year!

Did anyone else make it out to the FNO in Tokyo? Or in your closest city?

4 comments:

  1. That looked like it was a lot of fun. I'm glad that you got the chance to go. Tokyo is always at the height of fashion.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I missed this. I wished I had known about it - would've gone to take a peek for sure. Thanks for the write-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaa...you really looked like it was so much fuuun~ I've been wanting to go to Japan too =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kat - It was fun to go to even if I didn't buy anything. :)

    @astrorainfall - I almost missed it myself! They are sneeky to hold it on 9/11 here in Japan. That wouldn't have gone over well in the US due to the nature of 9/11 there. Glad you enjoyed it.

    @Kim- you should come to Japan! Its a fun place to live.

    ReplyDelete