Monday, September 20, 2010

Nails : Chanel Les Khakis De Chanel

(image courtesy of Chanel)

For the recent Fashion's Night Out (FNO) in New York many brands created items for the event, Chanel was no exception. Their special limited edition FNO items were nail polishes in three different colors called Les Khakis De Chanel. The three shades are named khaki brun, khaki rose, and khaki vert and are three very beautiful shades. On the actual night of FNO here in Tokyo I didn't have a chance to check out the Chanel store to see if they were on sale here, so I stopped in last Friday while visiting my BF on his break from work. It turns out I am in luck because these polishes will be released here on October first and will only be for sale in the store in Omotesando. I had wanted to put a set on hold to purchase on 10/1, but was told due to the fact that its limited edition and they don't know how many of each they are getting at the moment they were not letting people reserve them and that probably next week (this week now) they would be able to do so.

For swatches of all please check out the review on swatchcat's blog here.

So Which one do I buy!?! What are your thoughts on the best of the three? Right now I am leaning towards khaki rose and khaki vert.

7 comments:

  1. i so want to.. but i just cant go through with putting like 3000 yen on a bottle of polish haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone who had purchased the brun and vert. I tend to lean towards rose colors though and I think that might be interesting. It's hard to say without seeing a swatch though. 3000 yen a bottle?! OH MY! I don't think that I would pay that much for a bottle of nail polish either.

    I'd be interested in hearing which one you end up getting.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nic Nic - It definitely is alot for a polish. Its not something I would get into the habit of doing, its more like a treat for me since I have been good and saved more this month.

    @Kat - I hope they have the testers in this week or next, I won't buy it without trying it out on myself. I read on one blog that brun has a olive undertone, I have olive skin but I don't think it would be that great on me. I am more like you in a sense I like the rose colors, though the green looks unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @3ate4 - me too! I wish I could afford them all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are not the kind of colours I would go for but my fave is the one on the left!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Catanya - thanks for you post! Khaki shades aren't for everyone thats for sure. I am still debating on which I want to buy, if any. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete