Thursday, September 30, 2010

Japan: The future of vending machines

Something almost everyone notices on a trip to Japan is the vending machines, they are quite literally EVERYWHERE you go that includes places like the top of Mt. Fuji!

(image from google image search)


This past weekend on my way home from Shibuya I came across this in Shinagawa station. Its a touchscreen vending machine!! Or as my BF and I like to call it the iVendingMachineTouch! We were so entranced by it, that we actually ended up buying a drink from it. After you make a purchase a big smiley face comes up on the screen and it says "thank you" in English. Sadly I wasn't fast enough to take pictures of that. After we made our purchase we walked around Shinagawa station and I noticed there was a line to use the machine when we left.



4 comments:

  1. That's true, Japan has vending machines for all kinds of things. It's quite amazing! I didnt' realize that there was one at the top of Mt. Fuji!

    That touch screen vending machine sounds so cute and interesting.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! There's a vending machine for MARK. makeup and another for ipod accessories at the mall ear my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kat - yeah I actually climbed mt. fuji last summer and was shocked to see the one I posted a picture of, sadly I didn't snap one at the time. The price was like double that of ones near my house. The touch screen was the same price though.

    @PoorCollegeStudent- oh wow! My cousin showed me a picture of a best buy vending machine at SFO. They even sell proactive in a huge machine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol its ridiculous how many vending machines are about, ESP. In Tokyo!

    Btw maquillage callaborated with Alexander Wang, Ive got got another lipstick and an eye palette from that collection. Some places may still stock it

    ReplyDelete