Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Going Going Gone...


With the holidays coming up, I have tried to keep my spending to a minimum. So because of this, I have actually started using the products that I have at home. Here are a few of the items that I recently finished up and my thoughts on them.


First up is the Super Sensitive Washing Foam from Dr. Ci Labo. I actually bought a sample set from them a few years ago but never bothered to use this cleanser as I was using another one at the time. I had bought the kit to try the collagen gel by Dr. Ci Labo. I recently went through all of my products and found this and decided to use it. I really liked it, it foamed really nicely and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. It also didn't break me out as some facial cleanser can do. Would I buy this again? The answer is yes, but since I am currently trying to use up things that I have it won't be for a while. Dr. Ci Labo prices can also be a bit more on the expensive side so I am not sure if the full size is a price I want to pay. Overall I give this product a two thumbs up!


Next is the Tee Tree Body Wash from The Body Shop. This actually came in a set I bought from The Body Shop that also included their Tee Tree Makeup cleansing wipes, which I will write about in another blog. After using this whole bottle of body wash, I discovered two things. A) THe feeling of Tee Tree is refreshing, but B) I don't like the smell of Tee Tree! AS this was the only body wash I had at home it was easy to use, but I don't think I will repurchase it based on point B. I do like The Body Shop Body Washes though, so thats not to say I won't buy from them again in the future.


This next item is a free sample I got in the mail after reading Nic Nic's post on it. It the Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel. After reading Nic Nic's review and finding out that I could get a free sample of this item I signed up immediately, especially since I have been experiencing some nasty breakouts on my chin. It took about a month or so for this sample to arrive and it lasted me about 5 days. From my 5 days of usage I really liked this product and noticed that my breakouts on my chin were clearing up, I just wish I had more to use. If I was in a spending mode I would definitely order the fullsize of this and see what it does for me in a longer than 5 day trial.


My last item is the Vitamin C serum by Avalon Organics. I was reading up on how to prevent aging (its never too early to start in my opinon) and I came across a 4-step system that included using sunscreen, a retinol based serum, a good cleanser, and this vitamin C serum. I ordered this online since I wasn't able to find one in Japan. It lasted me about 6 months and I noticed that while using it before applying my makeup that my skin seemed to glow more. As this is supposed to prevent aging, I can't really say if it works 100% or not since well I am not noticing aging I suppose its doing something. I am currently looking for a replacement for this as I have run out. I saw one at the body shop on sale, has anyone tried this one?

So thats it for this going going gone post, I plan to write more of these in the future since I am hoping to use up more products.
What are products that you have been using alot more?

3 comments:

  1. I've seriously got to do this too--use my stash. I've got more than I can use.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your post about getting engaged - OMETEDOU!! Awww....it was so sweet...that dessert platter with the words....

    I have been using Mandom Barrier Repair Concentrate Serum under Dr Ci Labo's aqua collagen gel...i like this combo for day time, and for night-time, Hyaluronic Serum by Source Naturals...

    Btw, I'm a big fan of TBS shower gels too but not their tea tree one...Shea and Fuzzy Peach are my faves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kat - I enjoyed writing this post I think I am going to make it a monthly thing just to keep myself on my "using" kick. It encourages me to use things up so I can blog about them, lol.

    @Astrorainfall- Thanks!!
    I love Dr. Ci Labo aqua collagen gel, I just wish it wasn't so expensive!
    I will have to check those ones out, the Tea Tree was just not my bag.

    ReplyDelete