Sunday, November 7, 2010

Japan : The NEW Haneda International Terminal


After a very busy and fun Friday night, my BF and I decided to spend our rare weekend day off together exploring the new international terminal at Haneda airport (aka Tokyo International Air Terminal TIAT). This airport just recently added this international terminal and since has become a popular tourist spot. Previously the only international airport in the Tokyo area was Narita and that is about 1-3 hours away from our house depending on how you go there. This new airport is just about 30 minutes away, which is quite convenient. Overall I had a lot of fun walking around all the areas open to non-passengers, my only wish was that we were going somewhere too. Here are some of the pictures we too, sorry about the p¥bad quality they were taken with my phone.

This is the Edo style area of the shopping, it includes a a tea garden and various shops.




After looking around this area, we went out to the observation deck. When we went out there it was packed with many women looking for the Arashi jet. Sadly I didn't see it and thus there is no picture of it here to share with you. :(




The shopping area near the observation deck is broken into two areas, the cool zone and the hot zone which each have various stores. The Hot Zone had a huge Hello Kitty shop that even had a Hello Kitty sweets section.







Just as we were about to leave the sun was starting to set and we saw a beautiful sunset!



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I hope to post more soon, I have lots of good things to write about!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that Edo style shopping area is so nice! It doesn't even look like it's in an airport.

    LOL! When I asked you if you saw the Arashi jet, I had no clue that there were tons of other women there looking to see it too.

    The Hello Kitty sweets are so cute! I would find it difficult to eat.

    I'm actually surprised that you are able to pretty much roam around freely in the airport. In Hawaii, the security is so tight that only ticketed passengers can roaam around the inner part of the airport area. If you are not a ticketed passenger, you have to get a special pass to be able to enter into the airport (the areas after you check in and get your tickets). To get a pass, it usually has to be a special circumstance...for example I got a special pass because I had to accompany my mother-in-law and get her settled into the waiting area. It's sad because I miss being able to just go to the airport to look around. It's even sadder because you can't see people off at the gate.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat - Thats exactly how I felt! I at times forgot that I was in an airport. I hadn't thought that was the reason they were all there, but my fiance told me of course that was why.
    This was all before the security checkpoint which was nice. But I agree, in the US you wouldn't go to an airport just to spend the day. I think the security is always so tight that people wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete