Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 for 30??

I've been pretty busy recently due to various things, so while I haven't been making as many of my own posts, I have been able to read all of the lovely blogs I love. One of those is a fashion blog, Kendi Everyday. One particular aspect of Kendi's blog that I like is her 30 for 30 challenge. The concept of this challenge being that you chose 30 items of clothing from your closet, preferably ones that came be mixed and worn in different outfits, and you wear them for 30 days. In addition to wearing only these 30 items of clothing, you are not allowed to go shopping for clothing during 30 days. Just recently she posted on her blog that she will be holding the next 30 for 30 challenge starting February 1st.
This brings us to the point of my little blog post here, I have been considering joining the next challenge. I think that if I were able to complete the 30 days and not spend any money on new clothes that it would be a great test of my self control and willpower. In addition I may be able to find new ways to wear the clothes I have and start to have a greater appreciation for them.
So I ask you dear readers of my humble blog, would you do the 30 for 30 challenge? I would love to hear what you think! I need more motivation or de-motivation to help me make this decision.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Unfortunately for me it wouldn't be THAT great a challenge since my every day wear is jeans and a shirt, athletic socks and sneakers. Not a fun wardrobe at all!

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd do if I had that many items for one season :P gd luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kat - yeah I wear jeans and a t-shirt on the weekends, so I think I will only do the challenge for weekdays. Being a teacher here in Japan, meands no jeans to work sadly!

    @Nic Nic - Thanks! I am worried about that myself, I suppose I will learn a whole new way of layering things! Of course I will share it all here.

    ReplyDelete