Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!


First of all let me wish everyone a happy new year! あけましておめでとうございます!今年もよろしくお願いします! This past holiday season was a busy one for me in many ways, but what kept me most busy was the fact that I got married! At this point you may be asking yourself, "did I read that correctly?!". Yes you did, we got married on Christmas eve of last year! We didn't have a ceremony because at this time we cannot afford one, but we do plan to have one in the future.
Since we stayed in Japan this past Christmas and 12/24 was a very lucky day on the Japanese calendar (大安), it seemed quite perfect. To top it all off, Christmas is my favorite holiday!

After we got married, we went to my husbands hometown of Kanazawa for a week. We celebrated new years with them and took wedding pictures. It was very cold there and snowed almost everyday of our trip, if you follow me on twitter you probably saw some of my snowy pics.

I've got a lot of new posts lined up now that I am back in Yokohama, but I just wanted to take the time to wish everyone a happy new year and share some good news!

8 comments:

  1. congrats Brianna! You look beautiful there! The warmest wishes to you and your husband!

    Looking forward hearing about your ceremony plans soon :)

    we ought to meet sometime since we live quite close to one another XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and 明けましておめでとうございます :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. あけましておめでとうございます!今年もよろしくお願いします。

    そして、おめでとうございます!I am so happy for you! You both look gorgeous in the wedding picture.

    Looking forward to 2011!

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nic Nic - Thank you! I have a few plans, but nothing firm yet. Its kinda overwhelming as to where to start, etc. x)
    We definitely should meet up, when are you free?

    @Kat - Thanks! This year is definitely going to be a good one, I can feel it! You must be excited about your sons upcoming wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is totally unexpected! but im so happy for you! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - did you do your makeup and hair stuff ? :) it looks great! and you look so beautiful! was this a japanese style wedding ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Winnie - Thanks! :)
    Sadly I can't do hair and makeup as good as this, a stylist at the photographers did them.
    In Japan its popular to have studio wedding portraits taken, so that what we did. This is part of the traditional Japanese wedding clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrads!! You look gorgeous in your kimono. I knew you got engaged several months back so no surprise you're now a Mrs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete