Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lush Happy Smile set



One of my presents I got from Santa Claus (aka my husband) this last year was this "Happy Smile" set from Lush. I tried looking for this set on the US Lush site, but was unable to find it. I was however able to find the items inside and therefore get descriptions of them for you. The set includes, one bath bomb, 1 bubble bar, and 2 soaps.

(starting clockwise from the green bathbomb...)

The bubble bomb in the set is the Avobath:
The Lush USA website describes it as:
Stimulate your senses with the essential oils of lemongrass and bergamot. Freshly squished avocados are stirred into every batch along with scoops of olive oil to moisturize and nourish your skin, leaving you soft and smooth. Happy skin and a happy disposition all in one best selling bath bomb! If you need a winter-moisturizing treat on a dark drizzly day or a cool refreshing bath in the heat, Avobath!

Of the four items in this set, I would have to say the one I have enjoyed the most is the Avobath. I really enjoy the scent and the way my skin feels afterwards. My husband even likes the scent and thats rare as we don't often like the same scents. We both liked this one so much, that I have already repurchased another one!

The bubble bar in the set is called ゴールドフィーバー(Gold Fever)in Japan, and Sunny Side on the US Lush website.
The Lush USA website describes it as:
These glamorous bars turn your bath water into liquid gold. Sink into the glowing white bubbles and revel in the sparkling gold water while inhaling blissful sweet orange, lemon and tangerine essential oils. This glorious bar will help you see the sunny side of things even when you're feeling gloomy. Emerge refreshed and revitalized.

I always steered clear of this bubble bar, because as much as I like glitter, I didn't want my bathtub coated in it after a bath. I have used half of this bubble bar and liked it, although I think the glitter in the water overtakes any of the scent on this one. After a few minutes you no longer smell the lemon and orange and you end up sitting in a tub of gold glittery water. While this is pretty, its not what I look for in a bath. I am glad I got to try this one, but I don't think I would repurchase it.

The first of the two soaps in the set is called Bohemian.
The Lush USA website describes it as:
Mind-clearing lemon soap.
Bohemian soap is one of our simplest and most beautiful creations; we make it for those with a creative streak to help them to realize their masterworks.
Citrus simplicity.
The simple mix of soap-base and lemon oil effectively cleanses and tones the skin. It remains one of the favourites of our inventors and our customers.


We are currently using this soap in our shower. At first I didn't like it much because I thought it smelled like kitchen cleanser, but the scent has grown on me. The lemon scent definitely wakes you up and makes you feel refreshed. I would consider purchasing this again, but would probably try other soaps from Lush first.

The other soap is called ブラジル娘の唄 in Japan, or Miranda Soap on the US Lush website.
The Lush USA website describes it as:
A fresh fruit salad of a soap, Miranda is made with fresh, organic kiwi fruit because they're bursting with vitamin C and gently cleanse the skin. We add in bergamot because it's soothing and smells of oranges. There's toning ylang ylang and juniperberry for clearing up congested skin and refreshing tired spirits. Simply fruit-tastic.

Since we are still using the Bohemian soap, I have't yet used this one. I will write more about it when I open it up.

Overall I am very satisfied with this gift set, it has lots of fresh smelling items that wake you up. What kind of bath and shower items have you been using lately?

2 comments:

  1. I love the name of this set. It really made me smile so I guess that it lives up to its name.

    I've been using either Noevir's Body Wash or Philosophy's Peppermint Body Wash. I've been kind of rotating between the two. When I run out of either one, I will start using one of the Lush soaps that I received as gifts.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppermint body wash sounds lovely! I have heard great things about Philosophy, but mostly with their face products. Will have to check out this body ones!

    ReplyDelete