Monday, January 31, 2011

Lush : Dragons Egg Bath Bomb


It's been getting colder and colder here in Japan and as such I have been taking my fair share of baths to keep warm at night. And what better way to spice up your bath than with a Lush bath bomb! Last night I tried the Dragon's Egg bath bomb.

The Lush USA website describes this as a;
Vibrant Citrus Awakening
As you bathe in the whirlpool of vibrant, fiery colour and inhale the refreshing sherbet scent of lemon and bergamot, you'll feel like you're up and away on the back of your own dragon. Citrus oils are known for their invigorating effect on the mind, and Dragon's Egg is no exception! Drop one of these baby dragons in the bath for a serious wake-up call on groggy mornings or before evenings out.


I have to say I was quite surprised with this bath bomb, it is quite large and so I tried to make two baths out of if by cracking it in half. Sadly I only cracked through the first layer on it and therefore when I went to use the rest of it last night I was thrown for a loop. The first layer contains some fizziness and scent and these gummy-like candies that float in the tub. When you get into the second layer it starts to fiz alot more, has pop rocks in it that crackle, and has TONS of gold glitter!

As I mentioned previously, I am not much for glitter in my bathtub. I was surprised that I liked the Sunny Side bubble bar that I previously reviewed even though it had glitter in it. The dragon's egg bath bomb, however has too much for my taste. Even after I washed my body and such I had gold glitter on myself, I am pretty sure there is still some on me even as I write this post!

Other than the glitter aspect I really liked the scent of this bath bomb! It's a shame that I don't like being glittery. Unfortuantely I wouldn't repurchase this one, but if you like glitter then this is the bath bomb for you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that does look like what would be the size of a dragon egg! It's huge. Too bad it was such a glitter bomb. I like being subtly glittery but not super glittery. I think that I also prefer iridescent glitter over silver or gold glitter.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really hoped it would break nicely in half so I could use it properly for two baths! I am still finding glitter in my PJ's, lol. I told the gilr at Lush how shocked I was when I saw all of the glitter and she told me, "it is a pain to clean the tub after isn't it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a girl on YT grate bath bombs in half to use separately. It seems to work better than trying to break them.

    Lush bath bombs with glitter are a pain, aren't they? I only use them in hotels! I like Japanese bath bombs for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete