Monday, August 22, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame!



One of the things I used to do a lot as a child and before I moved to Japan was go to baseball games. I think this had something to do with the fact that my grandmother was a HUGE fan of both baseball and football and my parents were both employed at the local baseball stadium in San Diego at one point while I was growing up. I remember fondly going to games with my grandmother and brother and then visiting my mother who was working at the game. As a adult baseball games became even more of a social thing when you introduced beer into the picture. During university I would go to Oakland A's and San Francisco Giants games then.

Fast-forward to now, this is honestly the first time I have ever lived in Los Angeles and so I had not much experience with the local ball teams here. The only thing I really know is that they have a national league team; the Dodgers and an american league team; the Angels. Though I never really considered the Angels to be an LA team, but more of one from Orange County as Anaheim is in that area. We got free tickets to go to a game and decided to make use of them recently.

Here are some pictures from our experience, sadly the Angels lost but it was a nice experience.



Shots of the field before the game started.


Can you find the Angels logo?


I'm not sure I if I have become an Angels fan, but at least I have a shirt to wear if I do, lol.
I do enjoy baseball, but I can't wait for ice hockey season to start. Do you have any sports you enjoy watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment