Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WnW Dancing in the clouds


Another benefit of living stateside again is having access to drugstore brands that are affordable, one of them is Wet n Wild. I grew up with this brand, but didn't think much of them then. I would always shop the Wet n Wild area when I was looking for cheap cheap disposable makeup that I was likely only going to use once. Well times have changed and that once super cheap brand has improved its quality without having to increase their price. There are not too many brands out there that you can say that about.

I stopped into my local Rite Aid in search of a different WnW trio called The Guilded Age, but since that was nowhere to be found I noticed that they did have another more sought after trio called Dancing in the Clouds. This appears to be WnW's version of last years Urban Decay Summer of Love Palette, minus the shade to match Smog. I don't have that palette, but here is a link to Temptalia's review of it if you are curious.

Here are my swatches of Dancing in the Clouds, as you can see the purple is not very pigmented, which is a shame but for $2.99 you can't really complain too much. I have other shades of purple I could use to intensify this with if I wanted.




And here is a shot of me wearing the trio as the matching imprints in the shadows say to. I lined my eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in zero and topped them off with some fairy drops mascara. Excuse my oily face, I'm currently trying to figure out ways to combat that. If you have suggests, please comment me with them! It's like an oil slick these days!



No comments:

Post a Comment