Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Makeup: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20




When I first started wearing makeup, I was using Perscriptives for everything. At the time I was in jr. high and my mother believed that Perscriptives was a good brand for me. As I got older I branched out to other brands, but always stuck to perscriptives for my foundation. Unfortunately earlier this year my beloved Perscriptives went out of business, leaving me without a place to go to foundation. So after watching many youtube gurus and reading many blogs talk about the Laura Mercier, I decided to check it out for myself. I knew little about the brand and thankfully the counter girl was very helpful and even offered to give me a mini makeover with the products I was interested in. I went home with the oil-free tinted moisturizer in the color porcelain.
As I have been using this product now for a few weeks, I will give you my initial thoughts. I honestly really like this product. It is definitely not a fulltime replacement for foundation, however it is great for days when you want to give your skin a break and want a more natural look. The coverage is very minimal, but that works for me. It is very lightweight and in the humid weather we are having here, that is defintely a plus.
I would recommend trying this product if you are looking for something lightweight and easy to wear. While the price is pretty expensive, I have found that a little goes a long way and the tube will last a while.
Has anyone else tried this or have any foundation suggestions, I am still looking for a new proper foundation. :)

3 comments:

  1. I just bought this and am so excited to try it. As far as foundations I would obviously say NARS Sheer Glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I'm wondering, do you use your hands or a brush to apply it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really want to try NARS shear glow, I just hope they have my shade here in Japan.

    I actually use a sponge to apply the tinted moisturizer. I can take a pic of it and post it when I get home.

    ReplyDelete