Thursday, May 13, 2010

Makeup: Review :L'Oreal Paris Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara


Since mascara is one of those make-up products that you should replace every 2-3 months, I am always trying new brands and formulas. My most recent purchase was the L'Oreal Paris Extra-Volume Collagen mascara in the dark black color. I have been using this product for almost a month now and I have to say that while I don't hate it, I am not too thrilled with it. I think my biggest problem with it is the applicator, its very big and the mascara comes out very clumpy on the wand. In addition to this, my wand was a bit bent (I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be, or if mine is just bent during production). I was able to bend my wand straight, but nothing can be done to help the bristles. The actual mascara looks very nice on and does make my lashes look very long and volumnious, but because of the wand it takes alot of effort to make them look nice and not have any clumps of mascara in them.

I would have to say these are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- does make lashes look long and full
- is made by L'oreal so its likely comparable to one of the YSL mascaras.

Cons:
- the applicator wand, was all sorts or problems.
- clumping

Would I buy this again? Probably not unless it came out with a new applicator. In the states this mascara runs about $8.00, here in Japan its 1,600yen or about $16.00 which compared to Maybeline is expensive here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you reviewed this! I almost purchased it and am glad I didn't, I don't like clumping. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jane - Thanks! Yeah I was bummed that I paid so much for the clumps, I am looking forward to when I can stop using this (in about 2 months) and start using something new....not sure which is a good one though.

    ReplyDelete