Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Japan: Tokyo Disney Sea (TDS)

If you follow me on twitter you know that I recently went to Tokyo Disney Sea with my bf this past Thursday. It was not our first time going there, but it was the first time we went there when the weather was actually quite nice and not raining. We were able to ride all the rides we wanted to and even took pictures with Mickey and Daisy.

For those of your not completely familiar with TDS, it opened in 2001 and is the second park of the Tokyo Disney Resort. Its theme is all about the sea, the main entrance area is modeled after the canals of Venice and even has a gondola ride with gondolers who sing for you in Italian! There is also an area devoted to Arabia and The Little Mermaid. The park is quite small but has a nice feeling to it. If I had to give a comparison I would say that TDS is like the DIsney California Adventure of Japan. If you are a Disney fan like I am, you should definitely try to make it to Tokyo to check out this park.

Here are some pictures from our trip:








5 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a lot of fun! When I was last in Japan, they didn't have Tokyo Disney Sea yet. We may have to go back one day to check out TDS.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat - It was a lot of fun, especially since there were hardly any lines. (thanks for having a weekday off of work). I think you would really like it there, its Disney but more for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I haven't been to disney sea in 2 years!

    It looks like a lot of fun.. Disney land or sea is such a couple thing heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun:)
    How do you like Japan? My best friend is from Tokyo:)
    Kisses and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nic Nic - lol! My BF wishes we only went that often! In Japan it is, but in CA my whole family goes to Disneyland together.

    @Diana - I like Japan, but I am ready to move back to CA. I've been here for 5 years now and need some California sunshine in my life again! :)

    ReplyDelete