Monday, October 4, 2010

Perfume : Burberry Brit Shear


For the last couple of years I have been wearing various body splashes from Victorias Secret instead of perfume. Some of my favorite body splashes are Berry Kiss and LoveSpell. Recently VS stopped shipping these to Japan, I can only guess because they have alcohol in them and some places sell them for triple the retail price in the US. So because I was running out of my body spray and had time to kill while waiting for my bf, I took a look around the perfume department of a drugstore. I went in search of scents I had heard about via other blogs and on youtube and had narrowed it down to two that I liked, Daisy by Marc Jacobs and this one Brit Sheer by Burberry. I didn't purchase either at the time as I wanted to do some online price comparisons.

This past weekend my bf and I were out shopping together and he wanted to buy some cologne at that time I let him smell these two scents. While he was at the register to pay for his cologne I noticed he had two boxes, which at the time I felt was strange but I didn't think much more of it. Then later when we got home I opened the bag and discovered that he had bought the Brit Sheer for me! Which was a nice surprise!

As I can't describe fragrances well, except to say "I like it" or "It smells nice", I'll refer to what sephora.com has to say about it.


Brit Sheer
Burberry Brit Sheer is a fresh, fruity floral fragrance that is playful and vibrant, embodying the youthful spirit of Burberry Brit. Young and charismatic, the Burberry Brit girl embodies understated elegance and individuality. With a fresh, natural joie de vivre she has a passion for adventure and romance.

Notes:
Bright Yuzu, Pineapple Leaves, Litchi, Mandarin, Grapes, Pink Peony, Peach Blossom, Nashi, White Musk and Creamy Amyris Woods.
Style:
Seductive. Hypnotic. Sparkling.


On a final note, the results of my price comparisons for a 1oz bottle.
drugstore in Japan 2,980yen , ($36.00USD)
Sephora pricing $50USD, (4,100yen)

Finally something cheaper here than back home!

What perfumes/scents do you like? Or would you recommend I try out?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting scent. Honestly, I don't like musk so I stay away from scents with it. I remember way back when musk was super popular and my mom loved it. It make me sick. It's been since then that I've disliked musk. Brings back bad childhood memories. LOL!

    Awesome that it's cheaper in Japan than in the States. Funny how that works out.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a steal.... I've got to check out kusuriyas more often for fragrances. Which one did your bf buy it from?

    Btw, he was so sweet to surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kat - yeah if that ever my situation I think I may not like musk either. I like this one because to me it smells very fresh, clean and isn't too heavy. I like softer scents.

    @astrorainfall - Seriously, they have everything these days. He bought it at one near our house that just opened up but I don't recall the name off-hand. I know places like Kokumin have fragrance sections and even Yodobashi camera does too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm on the lookout for new scents... right now I'm using Vintage from Zara... :)
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
    http://blogcouture.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gabby - I haven't heard of that one, I wonder is zara here sells it.

    ReplyDelete