Monday, October 18, 2010

Makeup: MAC Venomous Villains


As you can probably guess from some of my previous posts, I am a HUGE disney fan. That being said when I heard that disney was finally doing a collaboration with M.A.C., I got really excited. I felt that this collection could go many different directions and that since they were using villains it would be a lot of fun too! A few months ago a teaser of the four villains selected for the collection (Cruella De-Vil, Dr. Facilier, The Evil Queen, and Maleficient ) was posted on the internet and could be seen on many beauty blogs, this teaser got me even more excited. Then about a month after that pictures of the packaging sprouted up all over the internet, after seeing those I was REALLY turned off. The designs and such made the makeup look like it was meant for little girls and well I am not such a little girl anymore so I kinda stopped paying attention to the news on this collection.

Enter the end of September, many great beauty bloggers started posting their hauls from this collection and re-sparked my interest. Why? Because they were actually showing me the colors inside the gawdy packaging and not continuously going on about how they didn't like it. I suppose like most things in life, you just can't judge a book by its cover...or in this case its packaging. In the end with the help of the wonderful Kat of maikattoshaberi I was able to get my hands on the one thing I found in this collection that I felt I wanted, that being the Briar Rose beauty powder. There are many reasons why I think I fell in love with this, a) I love sleeping beauty b) Princess Aurora/Briar Rose is one of my favorite disney princesses and c) its a BEAUTIFUL color! Lets just take a look at it now shall we.


Many other bloggers have compared this shade to well-dressed or pink swoon also by MAC. I have neither of those so I don't have any basis for comparison, but I really love this color. As I don't already have any cool-toned pink powders/blushes in my collection I feel that this makes a great first one for me.

Did anyone else cave and get anything from the Venomous Villains collection? If so what did you get, I would love to hear about your choices!

4 comments:

  1. That does look really pretty on you! Maybe I should have picked on up for me too. I have too many blushes though so I held back but now there's also another blush that I'm thinking of getting.

    I did get the two Mineralize Eyeshadows but am not liking the blue and green one, which I thought I would like the best. The colors just are not working out well on me.

    I'm glad that I was able to help out--it was actually a lot of fun!

    *Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a pretty colour! I am tempted... but I think I'll sit it out. I'll wait til xmas for some hauling lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kat - Thanks! I had fun too. :)
    I definitely think purples are your color! I almost sent you more from here that I thought would look good on you. lol

    @Nic Nic - lol! I think this maybe my last makeup purchase (aside from the necessities, ie mascara, cleanser, etc) till the holidays. This was definitely worth it, but I am sure there are other colors like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i regret i didnt take a good look at this collection. i REALLY like this beauty powder. i saw it on someone else's blog too, i know i should've gotten it now. it looks similar to summer rose ? what do you think ? i have that on my blog sale... if it's similar, i think i should keep it then haha!

    ReplyDelete