Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nail Polish and Mascara Haul



L to R : Apricot, Crushed Coral, HR Lash Queen


Its currently rainy season here in Japan. For those of you who are not familiar with what that is, it means that for about the next month it is going to rain at least a few times a week. You may ask yourself, what is so bad about that...rain isn't awful... I honestly do like a good thunderstorm every now and then, but daily rain combined with hot and very humid weather is never fun. There should be a law against sweating when its raining! The rainy season of (tsuyu in Japanese) is something I still haven't adjusted to even though I have lived here for 5 years now.
Because today was actually a pretty hot and sunny day, I was inspired to pick up a few bright nail polishes. I really want to pick up a few of the new OPI colors, but since I couldn't find the ones I wanted I found some cheaper alternatives (315yen ea.). Both of these are by a line called L.A. Girl Essentials. The darker of the two is in the color Crushed Coral and the lighter is Apricot.
In addition to my polishes on my way home one of my local drugstores was selling the Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen for 2400yen, when it retails for 4200yen. Since I was curious to try it out already, I couldn't pass it up at 1/2 price.
So even though its the worst time weather-wise here, its always fun to do a little shopping to brighten ones day!

Has anyone else tried L.A. Girl essentials nail lacquers? Or have any great summer colors they want to share? Tried the Helena Rubinstein? I would love to read your comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I've only tried LA colors nail craze lacquers. Are they the same company ? lol =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe maybe? I just found these at one of the stores that sells "unique" imports near my house.I have seen some LA colors stuff online, looks cute.

    ReplyDelete