Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3 : 30 for 30


cardigan : Zara, blouse: H&M, jeans: Old Navy, shoes: Vans, necklace: xmas gift from my father. extra: white long underwear for under my shirt...its too cold to go without this.


Today was Setsubun here in Japan, we ate ehomaki and threw beans around. In addition it marked the start of Chinese new year, so Happy New Year to all of my Chinese friends!

Having no work today meant is was another casual day. I have to admit I feel most comfortable in jeans, I wish I could wear them to work! I like the mix the feminine lace and the green military cardigan in this outfit. I only wish that instead of wearing black shoes, that I could have worn brown ones or at least ones a bit more girly. Of course my flats that I had on order, just came tonight....hours too late for today's outfit!

So far this challenge has been pretty easy for me, though it is only day 3. I have to admit I am starting to wish I had included more casual pieces, then again once I am working I probably won't mind that I left them out.

Hope you all had a great Thursday! Mine was spent going to immigration only to be told I had to go to my city ward office first, so you can guess what I have in the works for Friday! Oh the joys of living in a foreign country!

3 comments:

  1. happy chinese new year! ohh we celebrated Setsubun too! we ate the sushi facing south - apparently it's lucky haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice casual outfit! Doing great!

    I haven't ever done the traditional Setsubun no Hi things. I remember reading something a long time ago about sardines being part of the traditional food. Ugh! I'm sorry but I don't like sardines. The ehoumaki sounds yummy too but don't think that I can find it here.

    I can feel your pain--or at least my son will relate to your pain about the bureaucracy of the Japanese paperwork process.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nic Nic - Yes thats what my husband told me too! We had to eat it in silence. Last night when we were out walking we hear a little girl throwing the beans out of her house, it was so cute.

    @Kat - I don't like sardines, so I don't blame you. Did you find the ehoumaki? I think its pretty easy to make, just time consuming to get and prepare all of the ingredients.
    Very true, they really don't make it easy for foreigners do they. Then again the US doesn't really either, lol. I envy the fact that your son won't have to deal with the name-changng process.

    ReplyDelete