Saturday, August 7, 2010

Makeup: MAC In the Groove Haul

As many beauty bloggers have done before me and as many will do it after me, here are the few items I picked up from Mac's newest collection: In the Groove (well not so new to the rest of the world, but new to Japan 8/5). As I don't like paying the almost triple the price of MAC here in Japan I ordered mine through the MAC website in the US and had my mother ship them to me. She rocks! (though I am pretty sure she doesn't read this blog!) This collection was a HUGE one, which I had at first not really shown much interest in. That is until on twitter the UK bloggers were talking about items they enjoyed, etc. I only picked up three items from this collection as I wasn't too sure I would like the mineralize products and I didn't want to go broke.



First up is the infamous Stereo Rose, the ladies on twitter in the US were going crazy ordering this and calculating when it would be available for sale on the web, etc. I guess this is one case where the time difference was in my favor, I got to place my order before they sold out. My thoughts, it definitely is a beautiful and unique color however I am not sure I would apply this all over my face. It is definitely a nice blush though. Would it have been worth getting up a like 3am in California to buy online? Probably not, but I am glad I have it.



Next I purchased the e/s trio Soften the Mood. I generally like more neutral colors that I can add a pop of color to, so this trio really caught my eye. I have worn this one a few times now and have gotten complements each time. The brown colors really make my blue eyes pop and that hint of the soft blue adds a nice touch.



And the final item I picked up was the Jazzed lipstick. I had to wait on this one till the release in Japan to know if I would like it. I have been burned with shades that I just order online without trying first, so I visited MAC in Yokohama to try this one out. When I was there I also asked the girl to help me find a good nude that doesn't make me look dead. We actually found out that Creme de nude works for me, though since I can buy it all the time or have it shipped to Japan I didn't buy it.

Did you get In the Groove?

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh yay for your mom! MAC in Japan is crazy, isn't it? But then again, the MAs are SUPER nice hahahaha.

    Glad you got Stereo Rose! How do you like it? I haven't used mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Haul! I can't believe the freak out over stereo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @K - Very true. The girls at the counters are so nice, I was wearing soften the mood when I went this last time and the girl asked me what I was wearing on my eyes. She always tells me how much she wants my blue eyes. lol

    I like Stereo Rose, but I am pretty pale at the moment so I have to use a light hand with it. Perhaps I should do a FOTD with it.

    @PoorCollegeStudent - Thanks!
    I know, I understand it hasn't been on sale since 2005 but I think it was utter madness online over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jazzed was sold out on the japanese mac website not even a day or 2 after i received the email about the release! i bet everything is sold out by now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, new follower here!

    I loved this MAC collection, got a few products myself.

    xo

    http://www.blogger.com/home

    ReplyDelete