Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TNOTW: Color club Neon Purple (last weeks)




For as long as I can remember my favorite color has been purple. As I got older I started to notice other colors like green, pink, and blue but I refused to make blue my new favorite color because it was my mother's. This was of course during my "I don't want to be like my mom" phase, I think all girls have one. I of course like all of those colors now, but I always find myself going back to purple. In older Europe it was the color of royalty and nobility. My boyfriend tells me that here in Japan the color purple represents desire, the lack of something, or being unsatisfied. Needless to say he doesn't like that I like purple even though I don't think of the color as he does.

Anyway lets get on to the toes! In the bottle this color is much more vibrant than on the toes. After the 2-3 coats needed to make it opaque, it lost all of its "neon" look. Its still a very nice purple color, just far from the neon in the bottle. I tried looking on the Color Club site for this color and it didn't exist, which makes me think it was made for Japan/asia only. The closest I could find was Ultra Violet.

2 comments:

  1. I like your nails! my husband doesnt like purple either lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nic Nic - lol it must be a Japanese male thing!

    ReplyDelete