Monday, August 23, 2010

Skincare : The Body Shop Seaweed line


A few weeks ago while I was out shopping I popped into my local Body Shop. I have been on the hunt of a mattifying lotion to try out and finally found one there. In addition to finding one to try for a little bit more money I could try the toner and facial wash in the line. This is my review on these three items in the Body Shop Seaweed line.

Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15
As I mentioned before, this was the item I really was looking forward to trying. The summer this year in Yokohama has been really unbearable causing my combination/oily face to be even more oilier. After reading about mattifiying lotions online I thought perhaps it might help to balance the oil on my face. I have been using this for about two weeks now and and still not sure if I love it or hate it. When I first apply it my skin seems to sweat more, which is kinda annoying but after some time the extra moisture goes away. I have noticed that when I use it my makeup lasts longer before it feels as though its melting off my face. I suppose the real test of this product will be once the humidity dies down here sometime next month after then I can decide if this is worth a repurchase.

Seaweed facial cleanser and toner
All of the products in this line are designed for combination to oily skin which is a plus for me. After washing and toning with these two my skin feels very fresh, clean, and the oiliness is definitely kept under control. At this point I am considering purchasing the full size bottles of each once these 60ml ones are gone.

What kind of products do you use on your skin?

2 comments:

  1. ahhh for some reason i find BS pricey in general! glad it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a body shop fan in japan though it is a bit pricey. Can't get enough of their shower gels and body butters. I have tried the seaweed cleanser and it's not bad at all.

    I use olay at home and fancl's facial wash powder when i travel.

    ReplyDelete