Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey Baby whats your..............blood type?

I think every culture has its own way of trying to explain personalities, in the west we have horoscopes, in China they look at your horoscope based on the calendar year that you were born in according to the chinese calendar, and so on. Here in Japan they have both of those as well as one more interesting way to explain your personality, that is by your blood type. Now you maybe thinking to yourself, "Do I even know my blood type?!" A few years ago (before moving to Japan) I asked my mom what mine was just so that if anything ever happened to me here I would know. However here in Japan it seems like everyone knows their own blood type without having to ask their parents! It's even so popular here that a daily morning show has a segment that predicts how your day will be based on your blood type.

So what are the characteristics of each of the 4 blood types? Here they are broken down a bit by type:
(all information thanks to wikipedia)

People who are type A, are said to be:
+ conservative, introverted, reserved, patient, and punctual. They are basically perfectionists.
- obsessive, stubborn, too self conscious and uptight.

People who are type B, are said to be:
+ creative, passionate, animal loving, optimistic, flexible and individualistic.
- forgetful, often change their minds or ideas, irresponsible, and selfish or self-centered.

People who are type AB, are said to be:
+ cool, controlled, logical, rational, introverted and empathic.
- aloof, critical, are easily stressed and unforgiving.

People who are type O, are said to be:
+ ambitious, athletic, self-confident and are natural leaders.
- arrogant, vain, often don't think things through, insensitive, and ruthless.


I am honestly not sure if I believe mine, but its fun to read about something new. So can you guess what my blood type is? Do you think your blood type matches you?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I don't even know my blood type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    http://maquilagem-masstige.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking about blood types is quite common in Japan, isn't it? It's funny to think of the stereotypes associated with each type!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PoorCollegeStudent - lol! Many people don't! I bet you are curious about it ow though. ;)

    @K - Yes, my coworkers especially the females, always ask about them. Usually they can guess mine without me telling them.

    ReplyDelete