Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Makeup: Urban Decay Naked Palette




After seeing many many many blog posts and youtube videos on this I knew it was something I really wanted, so thanks to ulta.com and my lovely mother in California, I present to you the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This is actually my first urban decay makeup so I am pretty excited to try it out. This palette contains 12 shades in all, many of which are neutrals which are my favorites to use. In addition to the eye shadows I also get to try out the urban decay primer potion (UDPP) and the 24/7 liners. I am really curious to know firsthand how the UDPP compares to the Two-Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI) that I currently use. It seems as though there are two main groups, those who think they are basically the same product and aren't different at all and others who think UDPP or TFSI is better than the other. I won't include swatches here as mine never turn out that good, but you can check really nice ones out here on temptalia.com.

I look forward to posting some fun FOTD posts using this palette!

Has anyone else tried this or other urban decay products, I am interested to hear what everyone thinks!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you put this to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the NAKED Palette! Hurray! I happened to luck out and found it at my local Sephora a few weeks ago. It's also my first time using UD eyeshadows and I do like it. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is that the shadows are soft and even when I lightly tap my brush onto the shadow, it can pick up way more color than I want. Also, because it's on the softer side, I have a lot of fallout onto my under eye and cheek. It's not too much of a problem though since I do my foundation (from my lower lashline down to my chin) last. Everything above that I do my foundation before I apply my eye makeup.

    Only a couple of weeks prior to purchasing the NAKED Palette, I started using the Eye Shadow Primer Potion--in Sin. I really like it. It adheres my eyeshadows, keeps it in place and helps it to last for a long time. I gave my little UDPP that came with the NAKED Palette to my other blogger half, Mai, and she just texted me today to say that she really liks the primer too. Prior to using UDPP, I was using (for many years) MAC Paintpot in Painterly. UDPP is way better than MAC. I don't really use eyeliner pencils since they tend to "panda" my eyes, irregardless of whether or not they are waterproof. I gave my eyeliner pencil in the palette away to my sister-in-law. I should ask her how it's working.

    The other item that I just started using at the same time as the UDPP eye shadow primer is the UDPP Complexion Primer Potion. I really like this too! Honestly, I never thought that any of the face primers that I used did anything. This is the first time I have noticed a difference in using a face primer.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your FOTD using the NAKED Palette.

    Sorry that this is such a long comment, especially since it's the first time that I'm commenting on your blog. You have a great blog!

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow yours have already arrived! Lucky you! your mum is so sweet :)

    Ive used UDPP before, it worked really well. Im also now using TFSI now, be interesting to see how it works out! looking forward to your looks with this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PoorCollegeStudent - I am working on one to post later today or over this weekend! :)

    @Kat - Don't worry about your comment being so long, I am glad you commented and enjoy my blog. :) Thanks for the UD shadow tips, I have noticed they are much softer than say MAC e/s.

    @Nic Nic - yes, I am lucky to have her. Right now I am liking the lighter colors in the palette, will probably post something later this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want this too :( they displayed that they will be making more...but it hasn't been restocked yet. i guess i can get every single color in it in single eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete